View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 06:07 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

To me there are 2 ways to make money, either you have a small margin with high turnover or high margin with low turnover. Neither is wrong as long as the seller is happy with the results. Some people don't have the financial backing necessary to wait wait wait, sometime years at a time, to get the prices they want. Others do, good for them. 707's model works because he has the financial backing to wait as long as necessary to get the price he wants for the card. He knows it will eventually sell. He also has the inventory/connections that people know if they want a card at a specific grade he either has it or can get it. With 707 there's little need to shop elsewhere. He has convenience. He's not worried about how quickly he can turn his inventory over. The quicker he turns his inventory over just means he needs to find inventory more quickly to replace it.

Personally, how I sell an item depends on what it is. If it is a low grade T206 or mid grade 1960's HOFer, you better believe I'm selling that as quickly as possible and taking whatever profit I can get. But if it's something unique or unusually high graded, you better believe that BIN is high and its sitting there. If it sells, great, if it doesn't, I'll just wait to get the price I want. I currently have 1 item which is a high grade for the issue and only a few graded higher. I know what I paid for it and have it priced quite a bit higher. I have one buyer who has made multiple offers, and always quotes what I paid, but its just not worth it for me to make a small return on it. I'm sure it will eventually sell for my asking price and if it doesn't, it's a nice card for my own collection. Quite frankly, if you don't like my price you should have outbid me on it or you should look to get it from somewhere else.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers