View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 04:38 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi$on18joshua View Post
I was worried about how many of my 9 REA high bids going into Sunday were actually going to go through. Not one did! Lot 633 had 28 1915 Cracker Jacks all in low grade SGC slabs 24 being HOF'ers sold for $9k. Lot 645 had 107 vg-gd raw 1915 Cracker Jacks, it went for $9k! That is more than $84 per card for low grade raw cards! The biggest surprise was the Jackson going for $18k! unreal. VCP is definitely a guideline as it seems its more about how bad someone wants something. I suppose this justify's some of the what i deem outrageous prices people are asking on ebay.
Micah,

I'm going to say something we already know, and that's " buy the card, not the holder ". To beat the cliche's, an item is worth what someone is willing to pay. You collect CJ, and have paid a variety of prices for similar grades of cards. Especially HoF'rs with nice eye appeal, regardless of the grade, will command a decent price. This is true of most cards of HoF'rs, or other desirable cards and issues. VCP is a nice guide for me, as are other resources, but I don't hold them to specific prices. I'm sure you already know this, and others will have something to share as well. Sounds like you have a great collection going!