View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
I'm out. This is insane.

There is an entire subset of the population that enjoys looking for "deals." Not because they are immoral rip-off artists, looking to "steal" items, cheat theoretical consignors, or rip off 70 year old widows. They just enjoy looking for items at prices they are happy with. There is nothing wrong with the way they decide to collect, it isn't any lesser a form of collecting than "COLLECTORS" ... whatever that means.

**Please Note** I overpay for stuff ALL THE TIME, This entire thread I am simply pointing out that I understand the different types of COLLECTORS & where they are coming from, how do you guys not?
Rhett,

That was not a shot at you. I’ve always liked your posts, and I know you are a respected member of this community. Who doesn’t like a deal???? I know many guys love the thrill of the hunt. I was merely referring to a large portion of the “anti-outing” crowd who do it solely for financial interest. There is obviously a sub-group of collectors such as yourself who love the hunt. Those people aren’t trying to rip anyone off. But at the same time, need to understand that in this day and age of the internet, people will find out. What’s more, it is a good thing that people find out because they want the card too. I was not inferring that you, of all people, are trying to rip anyone off. In fact, I specifically wrote that the post wasn’t directed at any one member so that you in particular wouldn’t think it was aimed at you.

Last edited by orly57; 09-30-2018 at 12:50 PM.