View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Robert N*w-ell

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOmaha View Post
I’m trying to deal with a delusional individual who has two cards I would like to trade for. His two cards have HoweMcCormick’s stamp on the back, which lets me know they are authentic. I have a red Cobb, portraits of Tinker, Evers and Chance and a Walter Johnson pitching which I offered in trade for his red Cobb and Cobb bat off, both in worse shape than any of my cards and with old cellophane tape at top and bottom of the front. His original asking price for both was about $1,000 more than they would be worth (“They’re Cobbs!) and he was convinced no matter how bad his scans, they would probably both get 3s when sent to PDA. Said if I wanted to trade, I’d have to send mine off to PSA so he could make a ”make a more even trade.”
Heard back from him today and both his cards came back “authentic”. “But that’s better because it proves they’re real!” I asked if he asked for them to be graded or only authenticated and he said only authenticated because that was worth more than graded cards.
How stupid are people?
I wouldn't proceed dealing with an individual like that. Be patient and look for other deals with more lucid people.