View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 06:24 PM

Default HOF Sandy Koufax 9/9/65 Perfect Game Season Ticket stub

I have a nice example of HOF Sandy Koufax's perfect game ticket stub (9/9/65 @ LA) currently listed on eBay. The season ticket variation is the rarer and larger version of this ticket. This ticket presents very nicely and is flat with sharp corners, but there is a small amount of minor depressions on the back right corner of the ticket that does not detract IMHO. This is the variation of this ticket that I have in my own advanced no-hit ticket collection.

This ticket stub measures 2" x 3 1/2"

Sandy's perfect game was the 4th and final no-hitter in his amazing career, which is second only to some guy named Nolan Ryan, who of course, had 7 career no-hitters. Tough luck loser, opposing pitcher Cubs hurler Bob Hendley, only gave up 1 hit in this game and LA prevailed 1-0. The combined total of 1 hit is also a record for the lowest amount of hits allowed in a perfect game (MLB record).
Sandy Koufax's 4 no-hitters in the National League is still a MLB record.
1965 was a Cy Young year for Koufax and also the year that he set the NL record with 382 K's.

It's a great historic ticket to arguably one of the greatest pitchers of all time's crowning achievement.
I want to offer this ticket to the net54 crowd for a special price of $1,000 delivered.
Send me an e-mail if you're interested and I will end the eBay auction. Thanks!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-24-2018 at 12:00 PM.