View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:22 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Just wondering, what is your hard on with PSA? You are beyond intelligent enough to know the difference in value....Also, who gives a damn about how nice the holder is when resale value is in play? Hell, for that matter, Beckett's holders are nice and thick....Really? Why is this a big deal? Would you sacrifice price versus presentation? It sounds like you have a huge agenda with PSA, good luck with that for whatever reason.....Wonder what David Hall would think about different holders versus value?
I don't have an "agenda" with PSA -- I have thousands of cards in PSA holders. Some of us are not as desperate for money when it comes to this hobby so resale is not the only issue when picking a grading company. And other than in popular Registry sets, resale value is no different between the two companies. In addition, as someone who spends big money on cards, I feel more comfortable buying an SGC card than a PSA card on average as I know there is a better chance of the card being graded correctly. Finally, the cards look better in SGC holders and SGC's customer service is leaps and bounds ahead of PSA's.

I guess if responding negatively to shitty customer service, lousy grading and ugly holders qualifies as an "agenda" than I have an agenda.