View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Not what you're asking for but this has been my AH experience so far as bidder...all of which has occurred in the last year....and maybe 7-8 transactions total. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

AH #1 sold me an $1800 pennant that they failed to disclose had a tip held on by tape. Then after lying to me for a week, proceeded to lecture me for posting about the experience here.

AH #2 decided to make an origami swan out of a rare New York Titans pennant I won so they could cram it in the smallest bubble mailer they could find...damaging the painted on graphics to the point they chipped off.

AH #3 sold me a pennant describe as Near Mint that really had an inch long rip in the top edge

AH #4 Notified me after the win that one of the pennants I won had been chewed through by a mouse and asked if I still wanted it.

For these experiences I have to pay a premium? Are you kidding?

These are true stories. I think the only positive experiences I've had so far been with Huggins & Scott, twice.....and Clean Sweep once....though Clean Sweep holding my check (which is the only payment method they accept) for two weeks so it can "clear" seems a little 1950's-ish.

So this I why I say...Mediocrity appears to be standard operating procedure in this industry. But the bidders don't seem to care.
These stories are stomach-churning. Care to tell us which AH is responsible for each?