View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 09:27 AM

So here is a fun and relevant experiment. Most you have likely seen the add here for R&R Auctions. I have no clue who they are but they have some very interesting and nice cards coming up for auction soon. I signed up for the auction and spent over an hour trying to navigate the site. A few things to note- first, the buyer’s premium is 22.5%!! Let’s see how that affects bidding; it will affect my bidding for sure. Second, nowhere that I can find do they list fees like shipping and sales tax. In fact, I cannot find one place, like every other auction house, that just lists all the rules.

I have sent them an email with a bunch of questions, but based on the high BP and the lack of transparency, coupled with the fact that I have never heard of them, I am very much on the fence whether I even place a bid on anything (and there are several things I need/could use).

With regards to this thread specifically, If I place any bids with this auction house, I will 100% be mindful of the fact that I need to add 22.5% to the price.

Ryan Hotchkiss

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 06-02-2018 at 09:29 AM.