View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 09:03 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santo10Fan View Post
From the site:
"30-day free returns is a retail returns standard and a buyer expectation. Starting June 1, 2018, Top Rated Sellers will be required to offer 30-day free returns to be eligible to receive Top Rated Plus benefits. eBay Top Rated Sellers earn those benefits by offering an elevated experience to their buyers. When you offer 30-day free returns, you’re offering a superior retail returns experience."

This one crept up on me, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Amazon (and Zappos) are big competitors to eBay and have liberal return policies. 30 days is quite a long time to keep funding handy, waiting to see if a buyer changes its mind on day 29. I'm fine with 14-day on any and all cards I sell, but I am not ok with any returns for the sealed hobby boxes I sell. There's too much potential for shenanigans. This seems a little blackamailish to me-it could really cost box/case sellers
You can remain a TRS and NOT offer "free" returns. However, you will lose your TRS discount (10% off of your FVF or 1 cent/dollar sold) on any items which do not include the 30 day free returns offer. Also, any items which do not have the 30 day free return offer, the "top rated plus" logo which appears next to the item in searches will no longer appear next to the listing.

So in your case, you can pick and choose which items you offer the free returns on....on the items you do have this offer, you will qualify for the 10% back on FVF and receive the "top rated plus" logo.

It will be interesting to see come June 1st how many card sellers on ebay will begin to offer the 30 day free returns on their listings. A handful of card sellers have, but the vast majority have not.

Personally, I the 30 day free returns offer does not entice me in any way to either buy or not buy from a seller. However, the offer to accept returns is something I look for when buying a higher dollar raw single, a set or larger lot of raw cards....I know if the item is not as described, there will not be a hassle (or cost) to return.

Interestingly, news reports have some amazon customers complaining about having their accounts closed due to excessive returns.