Old 05-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmtx View Post
I didn't make it personal. You did.
Because clearly this....

Quote:
I seem to remember a small little news story about a tiny investment firm. Something like Bernie Madoff Securities. You are correct. There could never be any large scale malfeasance in the investment world. Just tiny little deals like Bernie.
didn't sound at all condescending.

Quote:
I merely pointed out that money corrupts and contrary to your assertion, no industry is safe from those hell bent on gaming the system.
Where did I assess that any industry was safe from fraud?

Here's part of my first post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
There are going to be those who engage in nefarious activity in any large group of people. It's unavoidable. Money attracts the unscrupulous.
Clearly, people are not going to engage in fraudulent activity if the system is foolproof, are they? That's tantamount to walking into prison, opening a cell door, and closing it behind them.

Quote:
Call me smartass if you want, I just pointed out facts!
If it's your belief that I stated, in essence, "fraud on a large scale was an impossibility in the investments industry", statement of fact to repudiate my assertion would look something like this:

"Bernie Madoff's ponzi scheme cost his investors an estimated $50 billion."

You didn't do that. So, don't try to demure now, ok?

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.