View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 03:08 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default this was the highest attended Game for over 6 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Hi David,
I wanted to ask a question this has nothing to do with what people think is right or wrong, I posed this question to Pat 3 years ago maybe now that its been awhile you can answer it. I have these tickets and have had them for many years. A long story but my father was connected with food vending at yankee stadium and we were there often . I went to mickey mantle day as my father had business there myself and my brother were allowed all over the stadium.. I was running around in the bleachers and started to pick up ticket stubs as an 11 year old would. I have my ticket and program for mantle day but as we know these bleacher tickets arenot dated... Looking at the keyman list it says that F tickets are possibly from mantle day. I can tell you for a fact I picked these up that day. Im 60 now but remember it like yesterday. Look at the tickets and you tell me am I correct? Are they from mantle day? Thanks in advance here is my ticket from that day also....
this was the highest attended Game for over 6 years with capped max attendance of 60,000 in Yankee Stadium at that time , however there were
60,096 actual paid patrons , these tickets would have been the over flow as they would have run out of the Bleacher and Grandstand section tickets
most likley standing room or squeezed into the bleachers which just long benches , The Letter A and the pricing tells me all I need to know confirming what you already know these are Mickey Mantle Day
I will now be able to Clarify the finding , thanks for sharing these images
and can you remember it being standing room only especially being a single admission double header and being bunched in like sardines