View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 11:13 PM
Jason B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I bet there were a lot more that participated than we'll ever know. They just won't admit it. This thread was great free advertising.
I'm sure there were a number of board members who ended up bidding simply as a result of being made aware of an auction they may not have even known about prior. But the way I see it, that's not really the point.

The point is that it was necessary to give this a full airing up-front, and not let Candiman Auctions hang around and grow as if it were just another AH breaking onto the scene. This thread may have increased awareness of their AH temporarily with some "free advertising", and maybe put some extra bidders into their 1st Auction, but the Long Game here is what's important -- if they fly by night and screw people over even in the slightest, they won't be around anymore.

For better or worse, I was the one who opened pandora's box on Candiman Auctions possibly being Battlefield/War_Eagle on the old thread last Saturday. Other board members did some stellar work proving that it was indeed the Battles family who created this new AH, then prompting the Battles Brothers to then come on here to state their case. I think overall the restraint shown in the discussion has been pretty fair, given the eBay history of Battlefield/WEV.

As I've already said once, I think the board should be very proud of itself for acting to protect the hobby from any actors whose business practices even appear in the slightest to be designed to take advantage of collectors' naivete or greed.
Well done to all who have made their well thought-out points.

I for one can't wait to hear from the board once 1) the cards arrive in board members' hands, and 2) once these cards start to pop with the TPG's. This is going to rumble on for a while...
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)