View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
That was the card I was watching. I never bid, but I must have looked it over a dozen times. I just kept coming back to the fact that it's just the type of card that Battlefield would have cracked to sell raw. It also has the appearance of an 8, and no worse than 7. If it isnt altered and doesn't have some other hidden flaw, they left several thousand dollars on the table by not grading. That's what kept me from jumping.
Exactly...that line of thought made me underbidder on NUMEROUS cards I could have been more aggressive on. The Brooks Robinson rookie....the same 1956 Mantle as everyone else. The Fran Tarkenton. Hell, I could go on and on. About the only one I felt good about, and didn't really mind losing was the 1954 Hank Aaron rookie graded PSA A (Altered). I least I KNEW that one was altered. The others almost looked too good to be true, and I'm thinking there are going to be some disappointed buyers after PSA returns the cards 6 months from now. I hope that is not the case, but I have my doubts.