View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 08:44 AM
Jason B.

Based on the bidding, their auction is going to be reasonably successful. They'll easily earn 5-figures at the end of the day. Well done to the board for making all of the necessary points to them.

It just makes me a bit sad to see -- it's one thing for a seller like Kevin Savage to list truly expertly and honestly graded raw cards in an online auction.
It's another to have what looks like cynical and overly-optimistic grading on raw cards, and from sellers in the hobby that nobody really knows.

It's an irresistible temptation to people's worst nature, thinking they are going to get a steal on a raw card.
Even if they never try to grade it, it's the preying on people's hopes and darker greed that really gets me.
We all want great cards for less money, but it's pretty simple -- Graded cards protect buyers.

Whatever. I have every faith the board will hold them accountable if there is a need to.

And there's only one Candyman, Battles bros -- Get it right...
We've got our (one) good eye on you
18-sammy-davis-jr.w710.h473.2x.jpg
WTB: '15 CJ Wagner & WaJo (PSA 2-3) | '33 Sport Kings Babe Ruth (PSA 4-5) | '52T Ed Mathews (PSA 4-5) | '47 VanPatrick Postcard of Bob Feller.
T-206 Monster: 520/520 (PSA 4-6)