View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 06:21 PM

I know I'm not the first to propose this idea, but can anyone ever be certain a "Carol" was running Battlefield's eBay sales, and not Daniel or Justin? For all we know they could've been running the whole operation all along using their Mom's email and Paypal accounts.

When you take into consideration everything that has been exposed with their operation: the photshopping of cards, the purposely ambiguous descriptions, the buying of "Authentic" graded cards and selling them raw as simply NM, the creation of a new eBay account (War Eagle) with a fake story behind it, etc., etc. -- how can anyone place any trust in anything these guys say at this point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I also find it hard to believe they have 25 other consignors besides mom and dad.
Same here. It is a bit odd that nobody ever heard about this auction house until they had a full auction up and running.

In order to get multiple consignors, typically an AH would have to advertise a little bit at shows, or on the forums, or on AuctionReport, or with SPAM emails in order to get consignments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batpig View Post
Will anyone here admit to going after a card which has a high likelihood of coming back altered? This thread will be very disappointing if we don't get any first hand accounts after the auction.
And therein lies part of the problem with this auction house now existing. At least with eBay you could depend on the feedback system to some extent. Now the Battles basically have full control. Surely they wouldn't shill their own auctions now that the bidding is completely private.

€hû¢k Wölƒ