View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Is there concrete evidence that the mother was actually running the Battlefield account? These guys are supposedly selling their parents cards which we all know were riddled with trimmed and other "A" cards. IMO these guys don't get the benefit of the doubt. This is a family operation and I'm convinced of that.
Yes, it was Carol. I had several emails with her as I was the one who gave Battlefield 17 negatives and 5 neutrals in one shot. Having won about 70 cards, and returning about 40, I know exactly how the cards were photoshopped and the lying write-ups. So I am certainly not a shill for their business plan. Those "faults" I could personally deal with since Carol always accepted returns no matter what. That kept her in business for a long time. We all can name several old-time respected dealers who did the same thing, only they did it through catalogs and calling a card Ex when they were Fair at best. Plus there were many bargains to be found as many stayed away. No risk with returns. But to say her cards were riddled with trimmed was not accurate. If so then you need to take it up with REA and Heritage because Her inventory came from buying large lots from there and breaking them up. Thousands of cards were acquired that way, at least in the non-sports side. It wasn't until later that she got greedy and started buying Authentics, cracking them out, then listing as NM.

Candiman Auctions probably shouldn't have started with the old inventory. They need to add better scans, including the backs for anything decent. And they definitely need to stop giving personal grade opinions that are overly generous. Sure, maybe they don't get the benefit of the doubt, but the most recent posts are doing the exact opposite and not giving them the benefit of their own deeds. Maybe you will end up being right, but i don't like to judge people that way.

I still can't believe the post suggesting we call the Attorney Generals Office. By that logic, if they were a minority we could just call the police.

Last edited by egbeachley; 03-09-2018 at 03:01 PM.