View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 04:33 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

[QUOTE=docpatlv;1738844]It's funny how people can have different outcomes with meeting the same players. I'm sure they get tired of people "bothering" them, I know that I probably would.

This is so true. I was in White Plains Saturday and a couple guys talking about how miserable Pete Rose was. I met him two years ago at induction weekend. No one in line so they asked if I wanted a picture with Pete (no charge) then we chatted a few minutes about my tshirt (Mr Perfect) and I told him about how good of friends he was it Boggs. Good experience.

Guys who got bad reps who were great with me - Fisk, Yaz

Great guys who was kind of a dick Tim Wakefield. In fairness he was generous enough to take tons of photos with kids and I think he thought he was getting a break with me as an adult and was annoyed.

I had two negative experiences with Bob Feller but they make me laugh when I think about them so they are actually more memorable than the negatives.

The biggest dick ever was Kelly Shoppach. Who? Exactly. Tristar did a lot of Boston area shows around the time the Pats and Sox won between 01-07. He was a free autograph I think and total ahole.

Matthew Slater of the Patriots could be the nicest guy ever. What he appears to be in interviews and on the field is 100% him. I was glad to meet him after last years Super Bowl.

I met Bench at a show in Cooperstown and he was extremely nice and stood up for a picture with me.

Last edited by Marchillo; 01-15-2018 at 04:35 AM.