Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Bob Davies

Man oh man, I miss a couple of days, and lots of entertaining banter. I have opinions on these subjects too, so in summary...
I feel everyone is entitled to place whatever price they want on any item, and everyone is entitled to make whatever offer they like. People getting offended and getting their panties in a knot is a little silly. Make the offer, don't accept the offer, and simply move on. Getting personally offended is a waste of energy.

In terms of interest and entertainment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
In the recent miniseries about how the FBI finally tracked down the Unabomber, that phrase took a front seat in the examinations and comparisons of text/writings in the case. I was laughing because I always hated the way the phrase is generally said (wrongly) in our country, "You can't have your cake and eat it too," and one of the things that led them to Kaczynski was his repeated use of the 'correct' wording of the phrase. Fascinating stuff.
This one surprised me. So using proper grammar helped pin this guy down? Wow!!! That is sad on so many levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
How about people who say they want to trade up to an iconic card worth six figures by stating clearly that their plan is to repeatedly give board members something worth less than what they receive in return.
Love those guys.
Just sayin.
This one made me laugh this afternoon, I thought it couldn't be topped...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
I’ve decided to become an architect today. What kind of pencil do I need to get?
... until this statement. I snorted out loud here at work over lunch. Well done Frank.

Last edited by Stampsfan; 11-21-2017 at 01:19 PM.