Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 09:09 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

I guess to the original point. I look at past sales and negotiate trying to stay on the low end as a buyer. Just as dealers pay lower prices when buying collections. If you picked up an item for $500 and you say it's worth $1500 why didn't it sell for $1500? Wrong audience? Bad marketing etc. I don't think it's insulting for someone to offer $650 on that item. If you don't want offers then make the prices firm.

On eBay I've come across some high volume dealers that accept 50% of a BO price. This has caused me to sometimes make these similar type offers with other sellers. Many times I get a flat out not accepted and other times I get a counter that is lower than I was willing to pay. So as a buyer who doesn't sell who has a modest budget if you want me to make an offer don't take offense if you feel it's too low. Just flat out say no or counter it. But why pay more when I don't have to.

I do agree to the point that if you paid $80 for a McGwire Olympic card in 98 and the market says it's worth $10 I don't give a d@mn. But recent sales do matter. That's why people shell out good money for VCP.

Last edited by Marchillo; 11-21-2017 at 09:11 AM.