Thread: I am gonna vent
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

In line with what you are saying, I was always taught in business never to bid against yourself. If you have a price posted then that is your price until someone makes you an offer to consider less. I hate it when I see people who say I'd like $100 but I'll take $80. Why bid against yourself?? If anyone ever asks me "what will you take?", I simply reply "My price is what's posted unless you make an offer that motivates me to change it."

As to your part 2... My wife and & decided to try and sell her old house by owner, hoping lightning would strike, so to speak. Apparently, these free courses people offer on how to flip houses, teach them to ask how much they owe on the house, in hopes they can make a low ball offer and "bail someone out". We can discuss trying to feed on the poor and desparate separately, but why in the hell how much I owe on a house is ANY of your business? It's such a stupid way of doing business, but people do it in all walks of life. I'm with you, I HATE IT. The same goes to dealers offering what they paid for a card unsolicited. I've found myself guilty of doing so before trying to justify the high price I have a card listed for, almost apologetically. I need to stop doing so.

Lastly, I'd like to add a 3rd pet peeve... I hate it when people try to tell me why the price I am asking is wrong and send me examples of lower priced cards sold. There is a difference when someone asks $800 for a $100 card. But if I price something at, near or even above high VCP, there is a reason. If you don't want to pay it, no problem. But don't lecture me!