View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 08:01 AM

Default Potential very interesting experiment with t206 Plank

I have been watching (and bidding on) the two planks in REA, and just this morning I think I noticed something interesting - I am pretty sure that the T206 Plank SGC 60 in REA is the same exact card that was sold in the February 2017 Heritage Auction. Now here is the fun part: in the Heritage auction, the card was in a PSA 5 slab and it sold (according to VCP) for $114k. The card in REA, if the exact same, sits in an SGC 60 flip and has been stuck at $72k with buyer's premium for weeks (I know the auction is not over yet....).

If it is same card, so many questions, but few specifically: (1) is this the same exact card? (2) why would someone go from PSA to SGC if they were going to flip the thing 8 months later (personally I prefer SGC on old cards)? (3) how much do you think the same card will trade for in the SGC flip vs the PSA flip, and (4) if there ends up being a difference in price, do you think it's merely the flip, the auction house (heritage vs REA), the time of the year, less bidder factor, or something else?

I am on a phone and technologically stunted so can't include links or pics, but will try later, unless, someone is able to do so for me - the current plank SGC 60 in REA vs the plank PSA 5 that VCP says sold in February of 2017....