View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
As I have stated previously a member here, who rarely posts, who had much saved data on CC worked on an investigation with a postal inspector for quite some time.
The contact with the postal inspector was initiated through a US atty in PA by a member here who posts all the time .
Seemingly there was enthusiasm in this investigation and then for no particular reason the investigation was halted.
That old thread was 901 posts, quite entertaining.
I think there are multiple reasons authorities haven't shut down CC yet. First off, I don't think they are some kind of front for a legal organization. I think they are committing the alleged fraud they do all on their own.

Autograph authentication is unfortunately subjective unless there is direct, physical (visual) evidence of it being done. Without that CC is giving their opinion and it's hard to bust someone for that. And I guess they haven't peaked anyone's attention enough (yet) to do a full blown sting operation. I have personally spent, altogether, at least a few hours speaking with authorities about CC. There is a geographic issue too. Some authorities in parts of the country might be more apt to go after these folks than authorities in other parts. Many authorities just might not be that interested when there are so many other high profile catastrophes to investigate. Sad but true I think.. It might be easier to get some local officials, wherever they are located, interested in the case. Then at least that obstacle would be cleared.