View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 07:39 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
Ted,

The plate scratches weren't even brought up in this discussion. It's interesting
that you find them "laughable" since you probably haven't done any research
on them and it's likely you have ignored the threads so I will post a
brief demonstration of how they could be significant.
Pat

1st....That "laughable" comment was addressed to Luke......not you.

2nd....You are absolutely wrong, for I have read every one of your threads regarding the work you have done these past years on the plate scratches.
And, I respect and admire the time and effort you have devoted to this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
So maybe you find the plate scratches laughable but I find them interesting
and a way to possibly find the layouts and size of a few of the T206 sheets.
The only disagreement that I have with your analysis is that your layout consists of 17 cards horizontally across a sheet.

This is inconsistent with what we know about American Lithographic's printing machinery for this type of job, and the standard size of cardboard sheets used in the 1909-1919 era.
A 19-inch track printing press....19-inch wide by 25-inch long sheets. I've researched this years ago. But don't take my word for these facts. Steve Birmingham has confirmed this.

Incidentally, I have done some ceramic tile work in my house and I fully appreciate what you are telling me about your trade.

Just to tell you where I'm coming from. For 30 years I was an Electronics design engineer at Bell Labs. My designs required lengthy statistical survey analysis prior to putting them
in operation. Sometimes I get "carried away" with something quite complex as the T206's can be. Whatever, I feel I've contributed knowledge to the T206 collectors on this forum.

TED Z