Thread: Shipping?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 05:31 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
Any card below $750 can be properly shipped for $3 (I charge $4 to cover packing materials). Anything over $750, first class with signature confirmation and anything over $2200 goes priority express with signature confirmation. I charge $4 for the first card and $.20 per card after that - anything that goes high I just eat the shipping cost.
Just because it can be doesn't mean it should be. A single card in a graded holder packed well in a bubble envelope sent Priority Mail with insurance (you bet your ass I am going to insure it if it is that expensive) would cost $10.00. Not to mention time, other materials such as tape, bubble wrap, gas to the PO, etc.

If you are going to buy a card worth a couple hundred bucks, why in the hell would you ever worry about a few bucks shipping if it gets to you quickly and safely?

To Bruce, the OP..... it does seem high for one card, and if it were put in a holder and tossed in a white letter envelope with a stamp that's one thing. But $7.95 really isn't bad at all for that nice of a card. Even sent 1st class from Birmingham, if insured it would cost in the $6 range. And has already stated of that $7.95, the seller only gets $6.91 after ebay and paypal fees.