View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Rob

Looks like a cool book. I like the idea. But it appears you're having trouble generating interest. So I'm thinking about this from this perspective...If this was my project, what would I do to make it better. So these are my spitball ideas...Not meant to offend. Hopefully, just constructive feedback.

The cover does not look like that of a $50 book. There is no artistic value. The cards neatly aligned next to each other does not look particularly professional and does not create much eye appeal. Nor do the plain white margins. Is there anything you can affordably do to make the cover more attractive? We're essentially talking about a coffee table book here. It should look good sitting wherever it's sitting.

The font of the title looks very plain and the title itself is ambiguous. Isn't 4-Star the name of a junk brand from the early 1990's? When I saw this thread, the first thing I thought was why would anyone want to talk about that set? Maybe it's just me, but hearing that lends a cheapness to the book and reminds me of an era of cards, I'd just as soon forget. I'd work on the title.

Along those lines...I'd lose the Barry Sanders rookie from the cover. I don't want to be reminded of cards from the late 80's/early 90's when I'm plunking even $30 down on a book. I blew too much money on those cards back in the day. I'd use Gale Sayers rookie instead. I always that that was a very visually appealing card...and worthy of an appearance on the cover of a $50 book.

Just a few thoughts...Good luck.