View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
While SABR is a great organization it is a lot larger, and thereby a bit less intimate, than our forum. If some of our members want to organize something for our members to do, please let me know if the board can help in any way?
Thanks Leon.

I was thinking that using collaborative software (things like a shared Google doc, or possibly something more complicated like Basecamp) people would be able to collaborate on projects, working together to put something together that individuals may not be able to do on their own.

I know that without SABR, we would likely be duplicating some efforts, but I know there are people like myself who have some level of knowledge and are willing to invest time and effort into a project, but probably are not planning on writing a book independently.

If there is enough interest to build a small team here, I think we can pick a topic that interests people, and break it down into pieces to try and build something. Then people can leverage a range of resources (subscriptions to places like newspaper.com, geneology.com, local library and other resources) and we can uncover elements to the story that may not have been to this point.