View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 01:33 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Rob's right. What you said is "far superior" not "10% better" or anything like that, and I'm perfectly happy to win the wager if the AL gives us 60% or 80% or 100% of the next 5 no-hitters, but I thought given that you were making the case that about 90% of no hitters now come from the NL that you'd have been delighted with the terms of my offer. It appears that I was wrong. No problem. If anyone else is interested though, you know where to find me. Offer stands.
Well i been saying an NL no hitter is .9 of an AL no hitter......so yeah you were wrong. I would do 4 of the next 6 would be in the NL but thats just too many years to deal with.

As far as perfect games occurring in the AL more than the NL......all perfect games are no hitters...you going to need a no hitter to get a perfect games..ill take the odds of whats happened 19 of the last 21 or so times....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
if you'd said 2013 and not 1973, there'd be no argument. But you wrote 1973, so it can be debated whether or not 55-51 is "far superior"
right..given that 19 of the last 21 occurred after 1973 thats nothing to be overlooked....heck when i started this debate a year or so ago it was 51-51 ...its not like the fact that the 4 more recent no hitters have been in the NL (and a litany of almost no hitters) have hurt the argument.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-25-2017 at 01:41 PM.