View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 02:56 PM
A.J. Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Scott- congrats, I was looking at that Nuf Ced piece in person, it's stunning.

AJ- congrats, as you the first person I've ever heard of to be able to have an item picked up and not pay tax.
Yeah I guess I could have got lucky last time around. I remember having to call them to work it out. It makes sense though that if I don't have to pay tax if they ship, why should I have to pay tax if I have someone else do the shipping? If a non NY resident picks up the items in person to ship why would they have to pay tax? Anyway will try it again this time around and see what happens. It's $721 in taxes and $1400 for shipping. yikes.

After getting blown out of the water for a couple other items, I fell in love with both of these Old Timers' Game panorama's. So many great players together from different eras including Cobb, Speaker, Young, Bresnahan, Hooper, Baker, Collins! Are you kidding me?! Plus both are framed which is about $1000-$1500 each. Can't wait to hang em up!

Also won these Ruth photos. I plan on keeping the spring training photos but selling the rest. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1922 OLD TIMERS DAY PANORAMA front.jpg (82.4 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg (77.8 KB, 400 views)
File Type: jpg Screen_Shot_2017-08-24_at_1_03_19_PM.jpg (61.5 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg (72.2 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg Ruth Gehrig Associated Press Type 1 circa 1930s front .jpg (52.1 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg (71.2 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg (65.3 KB, 397 views)
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time