View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 01:48 PM

Default An odd OT request -- John Rocker, Brett Favre, Will Clark

I updated to make it clear I just want scans of the images, not the items. I'm just looking for images I can drop into the blog post.

This is a peculiar request. I hope it's OK. Does anyone happen to have a scan of an autographed photo/card of John Rocker that I could use in a blog post?

I'm an author (I have a children's book coming out in October), and in the run-up to the release of the book, I've started a blog. It'll be about kids' books, the craft of writing, with the occasional essay and interview thrown in. I have a pretty good interview with Jeff Pearlman, the author and journalist who did the infamous Rocker story for Sports Illustrated. (Jeff's a former colleague.) Anyway, it'd be cool to have a Rocker image or two. Jeff also talks about Brett Favre, the subject of his newest biography, and Will Clark, who was pretty nasty to Jeff back in the day. Anyone have scans of signed photos or cards from these guys? I would be happy to give you a credit. My blog is read by tens of people right now, but when my children's book becomes and international bestseller, more folks might read it.

If anyone's interested, you can check out my site, the appropriately named robertfouch.com. My book is called "Christmas Carol & the Defenders of Claus" and is tentatively skedded for mid-October. If you know any kids 8-13 and you're looking for gift ideas . . .

Last edited by cubsguy1969; 08-24-2017 at 06:12 PM.