View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I would think St. Louis would be an awesome spot, but have no idea if they even have a convention center of appropriate size. Cool town though.

This year was my first in Chicago. I didn't realize it was a stone's throw from the airport which is very cool. And there are hotels literally across the street. On the downside, only real choices to grab a decent lunch were in the hotels. At Atlantic City I jumped in a taxi and in 5 minutes went to a nice Italian restaurant. Chicago certainly works well though with the proximity to the airport.

I would think a Los Angeles National would be a huge hit too I'm sure.
The board of control will never go to St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver, Las Vegas, Houston, Dallas, or anywhere else. They especially will not go to LA.
They control a lot of money from table fees. My understanding is they get the Atlantic City convention center free of charge and are able to keep the bulk of that money. What they are doing with it is a mystery cloaked in double secret riddle. If I am wrong about that feel free to correct me, it won't hurt my feelings. I was a Navy CPO and a High School Principal for 20 years, so I don't have any feelings.