View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 07:13 PM
L.arry Glads.tone

Default RE: 1914 Cracker jack McGraw

Hello- I am the seller of this card...I was also concerned about this transaction as usually I get paid fairly quickly when selling a RARE baseball card so I called the winner of the card tonite after seeing this post. It turns out that the bidder account and phone # was correct and was answered. The person that answered the phone stated they knew nothing of the transaction and the address thru system was not theres. The bidder ID is umpireoax12 for anyone who gets a bid from this id, be careful..Seems knowingly or unknowingly, this e bay bidder stated that someone from Mexico that does not have a valid US mailing address used this account name and phone # to buy e bay items (the account is located in LA) but the e mail attached to this is NOT theres. I notified trust and safety at ebay tonite as this is a red flag and they are personally looking into this. Probably the culprits use the name and the address associated, buy the item and then probably open a claim with credit card company to charge back the vendor.

THERE was no snipe involved here, and no sign of fraud until we sent several communications with no response. I have seen crazy bidding patterns before but this one really was not noticeable as the left bid that won was two days prior to the underbidders bid. E bay was very cooperative and is investigating this, my fees will be credited and hopefully no one will get burned in the future.

OH well, not much I can do about this accept have a stiff drink!