View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmaker View Post
Update 11:31 AM

Small Traditions wrote me back via eBay

"Thanks for writing. We authenticated the cards with PSA/DNA on behalf of our winning bidder. The inscriptions were written on thin plastic on top of the cards in the display, which you can plainly see in the original listing, and which had originally appeared to me as the glossy coating on top of the cards themselves. We have listed this card on eBay with an astronomical BIN price in order to promote it, as we always do. I fully understand the conflict this might present to some bidders like yourself, but I have no problem doing this on behalf of our winning bidder, and I will present the facts when the card goes up for auction exactly as they unfolded, and people can judge for themselves. The only issue here is that the cards did not grade any higher, as they both appear at least NM or better, but PSA knows very well the magnitude of the cards, and I can assure you they were scrutinized as closely as a pack-fresh 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle would have been. Thanks again for writing, and feel free to call or write again with any further questions, Dave at STs"

Had Small Traditions stated that the autograph was on a "THIN PLASTIC", I would have went higher. But lets just be honest, Its not written on a thin plastic. Its on the card. What a shame. Even advertised sketchy. And the person who bought them was "in" on it too.
It's interesting that they mention their original listing because in their original listing they state that they had to remove the cards from the frame to verify what they were. I would think they would have noticed an inscription on plastic at that time especially when checking if the cards were the glossy or non-glossy versions.

Quote from their page:
The pair of ungraded examples presented here are both the scarcer White House Glossy versions, and they appear to be in strong Near Mint to Mint condition. Each bears an inscription in a fine-point black marker and is signed by President Bush with a noticeably thicker marker. They came to Small Traditions in the framed display with a signed letter from Florida Governor Jeb Bush pictured below. The display was very tightly glued shut, however, and had to be destroyed to free the cards in order to confirm that they were what we had hoped they were, two of the treasured 100 White House versions gifted directly by Topps to Jeb's father, President George H. W. Bush.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Last edited by Ronnie73; 07-02-2017 at 11:20 AM.