View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 10:22 PM

Default Just wanted to introduce myself

About a month ago I was cleaning out my garage and came across a big container of cards I collected as a kid. Most of it is junk from the late 80s and early 90s, but it reminded me of how much fun I had going to my local shop (Gil's Extra Base in Columbus Ohio if anyone had ever been). I just had my first son 2 1/2 months ago and a part of me enjoyed the idea of sharing that feeling with him in the coming years so I decided to take a small jump back into what seems to be a bigger and much more expensive hobby than it once was. I decided I wanted to put together a vintage set and realized just how beautiful the 53 Bowman cards truest are. Seems like a lot of others feel the same way. Good for investment purposes, tough for acquisition purposes! I've picked up about 10% of the set in PSA 8 shape and look forward to slowly acquiring the rest. I have already found a plethora of information on net54 and look forward to learning more and hopefully contributing a little here and there as well.

John