View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdunkin1 View Post
Felt like making this public after putting together my thoughts.

I have been a member solid for about 16 months solid on N54. I grew fond of the members and the new sharings/discussions very quickly. I felt appreciated as I observed the brotherhood of members providing and encouraging fun times, topics, and threads during my first six months or so.

In lieu of this, I feel the face of the boards has changed since that time. I completely understand change is quite important in any aspect of life, but negative change for reasons that can be helped is usually not a good thing. I find the whole "sense of camaraderie" among members to be almost entirely gone. What was once a forums filled with energy and excitement about cards has now turned to (unfortunately) too many posts and threads filled with grief.

Please note: I am not attributing this to any one member or group of members. I am also not looking for an argument or accolades/agreements. My desire is simply to publicly voice my opinion in the most unbiased way possible, as well as to provide an explanation as to why I have shifted away from being so active on these forums.

I am offering my services to all those concerned (board members and moderators, I suppose) in order to shift back into the positive state that was once N54.

Highest regards,
NJ Dunkin
I dunno. I think it also depends on where the majority of your posts are or what threads you read most often. The largest portion of my posts on the board are in the "vintage racing" thread, and there is a ton of camaraderie in that thread. There is not even a hint of acrimony or drama in that thread.

For the most part, four or five people do much of the posting in that thread, but lots of other people have visited the thread and commented how interesting the thread is.

I guess it probably helps the civility in that thread that the cards and items being shown in the thread aren't worth tens of thousands of dollars or the subject of blatant shill bidding/overgrading/trimming/recoloring/altering or other shady behavior.

Last edited by Bored5000; 06-12-2017 at 06:29 PM.