View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Kris

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Howdy, Kris. Not much time to respond today, as I have to head to work early. Display is important to all of us. However, one idea I thought of is to find or make something that you could hang over your beloved cards to eliminate all light when, of course, you are not viewing them. There's 1,440 minutes in a day. Some of that is nighttime obviously. Let's say you are admiring your cards for 15 minutes. Why not have something simple to cover them when you are not viewing them? Just a thought, bro.

I would not expect the TPG holders to be UV-proof. Even if UV-resistant, that is not good enough. My cards on display are in a big, black five-drawer blueprint case. I had to make a few adjustments, but found it works perfectly. When I want to see them, I simply .... I fabricated thick pads out of materials I bought from Hobby Lobby. I chose velvet colors that I really liked and would contrast the cards nicely.

Gotta go. ----Brian Powell
Excellent idea, Brian. I would not have thought of a blueprint cabinet but that probably works really well. Plus a bet an older cabinet would be really cool for storing the vintage cards. Thanks again.

Kris