View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:49 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
It may be a joke or it may not be but in the bigger picture suggesting card graders or card grading companies are bought off with back door payoffs is a bold accusation. PSA is obviously a public company and you would be looking at serious jail time and a total destruction of their business.
It's not an accusation or even a suggestion (from me at least). It's just an observation that the opinions of several people who make relatively modest wages can have a mulitmillion dollar impact one way or another on these products. This is not directed at any TPG, but is a general comment. Again, I'm mainly commenting on a set of circumstances, which can lead to temptation.

This in no way unique to collecting, and clearly similar applies in many other fields, including for example the public sector. I remember reading a story a few years ago in SF where a few city building inspectors would block proposed home improvements (adding a floor, a garage, a deck, etc). When those houses would eventually sell, the inspectors were in cahoots with buyers, and would then approve these improvements which increased home values. On a broader scale, the City of Bell, CA. Too many scams there to begin listing.

Last edited by itjclarke; 06-07-2017 at 04:52 PM.