View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 04:38 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Jim,
After we talked 2 weeks ago and you told me of your decision it was very hard not to tell my fiends on this board of your decision but I kept your secret !!!
I have been a customer of yours as a buyer for 30 + years and as a consignor for the past 2 years and you always were honest and fair and straight forward and PROFESSIONAL ...something lacking badly in our hobby today.
I will miss our talks about the good old days of the hobby and our travels in search of that elusive player and of the supposedly non-existent autograph of a player and the people and characters from long ago in this hobby , that we both knew and know and those unknown ; and the stories of the finds and the losses and near misses for our collections, as well as, the stories of the players themselves. Remember our Joe Jackson and Babe Ruth deal in Los Angeles in January of 2016 ...that is the stuff of legend !!!
You need to write a book about this aspect (autograph collecting ) of our hobby from the time you started until now. It would be a must read for anyone interested in it. You have more knowledge and stories than anyone I know.
My Friend I will miss you , and I know the hobby will for sure miss you and be lesser of a hobby without your wisdom ,humor , honesty , and knowledge .
Stay in touch
Good luck
Vaya con Dios !!!