View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:26 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
When I spare a thought for the hobby, which is most of the time these days, I often muse about what it must be like to be a top senior grader at one of the TPG houses. I wonder what it would be like to make the grading call on a T206
green Cobby between 6.5 and 7, or a '52 Topps Mays between 7.5 and 8, knowing full- well how much money my decisions mean. I wonder if they feel real pressure, like I would, or is it just another day at the office? Because they are well-known in collectors circles and have almost some kind of star quality, I have to believe they are highly compensated, with some kind of bonus scheme on top of a nice base salary. And maybe the package would include a free trip to the eye doctor every six months. Love to know.
How many PSA card graders can you name?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.