View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:53 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Two different issues bother me concerning my mail delivery.

First, on enough instances to consider it a trend, the tracking # says that it is delivered and it wasn't. It is delivered the next day. I have grown to expect it periodically. I can deal with it.

The situation that pisses me off just happened again this week. We happened to have our A/C go out over the holiday weekend. They made a temporary fix and came out on Tuesday to fix it right. At 1:30PM I was in my driveway shooting the breeze with the A/C tech as he was closing up his truck. I paid him and took a few minutes to confirm the Air was blowing cold. About 2 PM I walked to the center of the complex to the bank of mailboxes. In my box was an Orange Slip saying that a package was undeliverable because there was nobody home to sign for it. I went back to the house and checked the tracking #. It was marked "Undeliverable" at 1:27 PM. I do not get too many packages that require a signature. Perhaps it has been 6 in the last two years. My wife is home every day. She no longer drives and I take our only car to work. I/we have signed for exactly one package. Orange slips were left in the box for the rest.
I use to get those slips, UNITL I went and asked the postmaster himself -WHY??
We been home all day, like you said as well.
Ends up, they thought our drive-way was too long/far off the main road.
Which is nonsense!!! Its a good 1/4 mile gravel road. He even came up and said there was no reason for them not to do so.
So now, we don't get those slips anymore
Sometimes you just have to be a ass!!!
In return, we get large packages/ and Auction catalogs crammed in the mailbox now.