View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Mike

Two different issues bother me concerning my mail delivery.

First, on enough instances to consider it a trend, the tracking # says that it is delivered and it wasn't. It is delivered the next day. I have grown to expect it periodically. I can deal with it.

The situation that pisses me off just happened again this week. We happened to have our A/C go out over the holiday weekend. They made a temporary fix and came out on Tuesday to fix it right. At 1:30PM I was in my driveway shooting the breeze with the A/C tech as he was closing up his truck. I paid him and took a few minutes to confirm the Air was blowing cold. About 2 PM I walked to the center of the complex to the bank of mailboxes. In my box was an Orange Slip saying that a package was undeliverable because there was nobody home to sign for it. I went back to the house and checked the tracking #. It was marked "Undeliverable" at 1:27 PM. I do not get too many packages that require a signature. Perhaps it has been 6 in the last two years. My wife is home every day. She no longer drives and I take our only car to work. I/we have signed for exactly one package. Orange slips were left in the box for the rest.