View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 10:09 AM

Moving forward, I wouldn't recommend considering buying anything, especially something autograph-related, without at least seeing pictures of the items. Particularly, an area where you aren't very knowledgeable.

Am I correctly presuming you are possibly buying the balls from a family member from someone involved with the Brooklyn Dodgers? If so, its also possible, that the stories vary over time due to varied memories of events which happened decades ago. Remember, you are likely dealing with 2nd and 3rd hand stories on the origins of the ball.

The authentication will be pricey for someone. The high majority of authenticated Brooklyn balls I've seen online, have some level clubhouse signatures. I'd consider saving images of authenticated Brooklyn balls. That will help with your future buying decisions. I don't know if you're a Brooklyn fan, or if you're only wanting to reap the benefits of an opportunity to buy fresh items.

Good luck to you. And hopefully, both you and the family acquaintance are both happy, if you complete a transaction.

Witster

Last edited by witster; 05-24-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added text