View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Heads Up on a Bad Seller on Amazon - Sports Items

I received this information from a good hobby friend of around 20 yrs. He is a board member too but wants me to post this for him because of some ongoing situations. Most of the times this type of thread will require a name, so mine is here.

his email-

Amazon seller 'Sports Collectibles Online' is attempting to sell a unique pre-wwii sports item that I own. He is also selling it through his website: Sportscollectibles.com Most of his over 165,000 items are modern autographed things; however, he also has some very expensive vintage stuff up for sale - Christy Mathewson autograph, pre-wwi baseballs, etc.

I assume that since he is trying to sell my item (possibly more than one of my items) that he is also attempting to sell vintage sports memorabilia that belongs to some of you. He is selling over 165,000 items on Amazon, so it's difficult to search other than by date; e.g-1909. I do not want to put the specific details of my item in this post, as Amazon is currently investigating my complaint and I would rather they catch him red-handed; however, Amazon is moving very, very slowly, as their primary concern is protecting their sellers, so I wanted to give you all a heads-up as this could take a while. I do not even want this person knowing my handle, as he might be a forum viewer and that could be enough information for him to locate and remove items.