View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 07:54 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
The board software will automatically resize whatever image you upload, once you get below the file size threshold where it will actually accept the image. Keep in mind that the resolutions you might need to print a nice picture are WAAAAYY more than are needed for display on most monitors. I would say for most posts, unless you are zooming in on a particular flaw or corner, 100-200 dpi will be plenty, and the board software may even downsize that image when you upload.

If you are hosting the image separately and simply linking to it in your post (as with Photobucket or similar image-hosting sites), you can have more control over the size that the image displays in your post, but even then a 300 dpi image will be too large for many screens to display without having to side-scroll to see the whole image (a pet peeve of mine).

In most cases, you would be best to scan at whatever size you want to use for archiving your card images, and then resizing/resaving a copy of the image for uploading with your board posts.
Thanks for the info, Lance.

After I was told about the lid up/lights off trick, I just go with the factory settings now for most of my scans. I know it is outdated, as is my monitor, but it still gets the job, and imo, they don't look too bad.