View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
Gentlemen, I agree, if he was rational, but he isn't. Everything is covered in gold in his shop. I'm taking the approach of wearing him down and by appearing as the expert. If I come across something fantastic and amazing that doesn't interest me, I want to be able to tell him that it is something special ... be the trusted advisor/expert. Get him to ASK me to see his stuff. I'm not trying to antagonize him, but rather enlighten him with the truth. But as I said, he's a delicate flower, he doesn't appreciate cards or collectors - thinks they are all out to steal a piece of his gold. I'm not brazen enough to walk in and tell him he has newspaper clippings, but I do want him to recognize my expertise and his unfounded belief that everything old and baseball is worth the US Mint.
I think you are leaving out the other option, that he is purposefully throwing these cards out looking for a rube and hoping to set the hook on a bite at these prices. He has not had these cards long at all as they are ESA crap and there is a holo flipped PSA card underneath. I would not try to play the expert card when in all likelihood he bought those for less than 5 bucks and put them out to test you. By even acting interested enough to take a photo and ask questions about a three dollar bill, you have already shown your cards. Walking up and playing the expert is now not going to help.

Just look at what he has and don't buy without researching because in selling these cards he has shown his hand also...he's waiting for a sucker.

Don't take this the wrong way, I am just trying to help.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 05-07-2017 at 09:56 AM.