View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 12:52 AM
C0le Hibb@rd

I feel like the 1951 Mantle will continue to rise, and T206 HOFs will hold their value if it not go up slightly IMO. Not a back guy so I'm not sure what the market is like for those... I was recently thinking about mays rookies and was going to propose this question in its own thread but why not here? For as long as I can remember the '52 Topps Mantle has been worth about 5x the '51 bowman for the same grade, at least in the lower grades I collect. Why doesn't this transfer to Mays? In fact the '51 mays sells for slightly MORE than the '52 Topps. The fact that mays sells for less than Mantle is a different debate, but this is weird to me. I guess it's just that the '52 Mantle is one of the most iconic cards in the hobby. But that is why I think mantle's 51 bowman is underrated and prices will continue to rise in the future

Edited to add/summarize: I think ANY Mantle cards will do pretty well in the future, and T206 HOFs next in line. 2 of the biggest markets in the hobby

Successful BST deals with: Smanzari, Edwolf1963, Sean1125, scmavl, Runscott, jthorst75, EYECOLLECTVINTAGE

Last edited by vintagerookies51; 05-03-2017 at 12:54 AM.