View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 07:41 PM
Bry@n

I agree with Sean on the T215 Pirate, no need to look for that one. However, as Net54 taketh away, it also giveth. I am working on the same New Orleans type set (though not restricting myself to T cards) and can make your search a little more difficult buy adding a few:

T207 Anonymous Factory 3 and Red Cross

T210-8 - I don't know for sure these were distributed in NOLA, but this series features the New Orleans team and I feel like it is safe to assume these were distributed in New Orleans. Perhaps someone can provide an argument for/against this?

T206 - There are ads for T206 Hindu in Louisiana newspapers (I think it was New Orleans) that featured T206 ... and the ad did not feature SLers, just regular cards. It is also quite possible that the OM SLers were distributed in NOLA as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Hi Rick, good luck with your type set. But the T215 Pirate set has no connection to New Orleans. They were distributed by an English tobacco company in Manilla to American sailors. I don't know why Jefferson Burdick listed them with the same designation as the Red Cross brand.

But if you still want a Pirate, go for it. There's a nice one in REA right now.