View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 05:31 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

"PWCC never owned the card. It was purchased from REA on behalf of a client and graded and sold on behalf of another client."

This is a very cleverly phrased denial that could be literally true but is telling in what is left out.

Courtney confirmed this sequence of events in the prior thread:

Spring 2015: Sold in REA as an SGC 50 for $6600 to Brent
August 2015: Sold privately by Brent to Courtney as a PSA 7 for $75k
Oct 2016: Consigned by Courtney to Goldin and won by John Perez for $46,800
Feb 2017: Consigned by John to Brent and sold to unknown buyer for $52,300

Now assuming that the quoted statement by PWCC is true, i.e., that PWCC purchased the card from REA for a client and had the card graded and then sold it for another client, it leaves the mysterious clients as the culprits. And of course probity (though not any privilege or legal requirement) prevents PWCC from naming the clients. See, but I suspect that PWCC's client was the ownership of PWCC and that this whole endeavor was a carefully structured effort to make PWCC a cut-out between yourselves and the card so that PWCC could plausibly deny ownership and blame everything on mystery clients who bought an SGC card under PWCC auspices and just a few months later brought a raw card for PWCC to submit and sell. So, Betsy, just to make things crystal clear please confirm unequivocally that no one who had an ownership in PWCC at the time were the PWCC clients you reference. You need not break your fake confidentiality to do so as I am not asking for a name, just a confirmation that the PWCC ownership isn't the mystery client.

But before you respond please ask your attorney to brief you on the concept of a "declaration against interest"; may be useful information to have before answering.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-27-2017 at 05:43 PM.