View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default best match is meaning less

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I can't believe anyone would use that ranking either, I NEVER would. However, I have NO other explanation as to why my sales were down those two months other than not placing high enough on this ranking.

I received a large amount of GTC this past fall. I normally use 30 day listings, so none of my listings are ever over 30 days old. Last fall I did not relist my GTC listings and my sales plummeted again, IMO due to the lack of fresh listings....I started manually ending and relisting the GTC listings and my sales rebounded back up.

So while I know of no one who utilizes the best match searches, but many (including myself) who use the newly listed search ranking, these two searches have both had negative impacts on my results when I do not rank highly on them.

if your listing a buy it now item on ebay if listed correctly there is one thing and one thing only that truly matters , That's the asking price , the educated buyer obviously has saved searches which are specific , If they get a hit
and item is bargain or low priced it will sell very quickly , if it is like like a lot of pipe dream prices being asked on buy it nows you get to keep it.

same with auctions if it is a quality item "low starting bid" no reserve & listed correctly , it will meet fair current market value 90%-100% of the time
truly rare items can go through the roof if listed right.

I have been buying on ebay for over 15 years never once looked up "best match" , all I care about is newly listed under priced bargains , not some item that is a best match that has been relisted a 10 times due to joke asking pricing , your inventory and pricing dictate your sales revenue 99% of
the time , the other 1% is just luck