View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 06:18 AM
D@vi d B@zi ni

GrayGhost, I sent you this in a pm but I'm also posting here because maybe someone on the board knows a pastor or a church in the Middletown area.

Here is the response from my pastor friend...

Well, a few years ago I knew 2 Connecticut pastors in Wallingford CT. Not sure where that is relative to Middletown. However, they've both relocated -- Chicago & Minneapolis. What he needs is a fellowship/church to join. This is just one of the reasons why the church exists. If he were in my church our people are very loving and provide the safety net that this man needs (in terms of transitional struggles, food, clothing, shelter, etc.) also many have been hired because of church connections etc. The church isn't a "welfare system" or a way of dependent life--more of a hand UP. But I can tell you I've bought many $500 MEIJER GIFT CARDS for those in need that demonstrate a desire to participate in the church community. This man probably needs professional help from a trained Christian counselor; more than a just a pastor. That's what my daughteris going to school for. Hope this helps.

Pastor Steven