View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
With respect to a few of the past posters, the only individual that truly transcends baseball as a freestanding American institution is Ruth, and the only card that fits that bill is the Wagner. I've had the "importance of baseball cards" discussion with a number of antique dealers over the years including individuals that specialize in Americana and I can honestly say neither Mantle nor his 52 Topps card has ever been brought up. The stature of Ruth, and of the T206 Wagner.....yes, but Mantle? No, never.

As others have postulated, once the gap is generated between Mantle and his contemporary living collectors in the years to come, the rarity and much smaller available supply of green Cobbs will dominate in both desirability and value.
completely agree - if im spending 20k or 1k its on a ruth card
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.